Sunday 8 September 2013

Still Chuffin' About in the Engine Room...

Hi, All!

The starboard gantry, seen from inside the engine room. Don't you just love tiny cameras?

Just a short one today, in the interests of keeping on top of this blogging lark...

When last I spoke at you, the engine room of Lord Smudgington Smythely-Smythe's Hydraulically Motorvated Sextupedal Land-Traversing Vacational Domicile was coming along nicely.

The gantry was constructed as per the port gantry (see my last post).

At last! We can get to the big lever by the important looking gauge!

As you can see, I have since added the starboard gantry and handrail. I was hoping to add the ladders too, but I was suddenly stricken by a severe bout of can'tfacelittlebitsofplasticrodrightnowitus...

The starboard handrail is added. Again, note the gap left for a ladder.

A crewman's-eye view.

There is still much to do to the rear of the vessel before I can progress to the mid-section of this gigantic walker, but I'm fighting the urge to rush the job - a model of this size and complexity deserves care and attention.

The engine room in all its complexity and wonderment. Nearly done...
I also added some more of the hull, complete with portholes and LED lighting. Detailing and painting will follow, so keep watching...

Plain panels are added to the hull with portholes punched out.

LED lighting is admired in a dimly lit room...

The Rivet Count continues to creep ever upward, with 34 added this week, bringing the total so far to: 

10,288

...and I have had other distractions... But I'm not showing you yet!

Nightfall outside the engine room...

Another moody shot.

Keep watching for more on Lord Smudgington Smythely-Smythe's Hydraulically Motorvated Sextupedal Land-Traversing Vacational Domicile, and:

The Nefarious Application of Computer Fans to Create a Nefarious Steam-Powered Hovercraft... Nefariously!

An unwanted bit of one of those newfangled difference-engine thingummies... What could possibly happen next?!

All the Best!

12 comments:

  1. Lovely mood lighting there, Colonel. I'm looking forward to seeing what marvel you'll create with that difference engine thingummy. One can never have too much fannage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there, AJ, Old Fruit!

      You'll have to wait and se, my friend - but I can assure you that my next Nefarious creation is full of wind...

      Delete
  2. I can hear the wheels of creativity grinding clear over here in So Cal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to say that may be your knees, Jay...

      Delete
  3. That Doctor Nefarious is diabolical! Or is that his assistant?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to go out with a girl called Dianne Bollical. Unfortunate name... Her brother was called Metta.

      Delete
  4. Steady progress there Joe, keep it up that man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've said it before but I'm going to say it again - rivet-tastic! Inspired model making.

    Regards,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Matt!

      Care to take a guess at the final count?

      Delete